https://discord.gg/dnP79jEwM7

Technics SL-XP700

Vakhr
Активный участник

Technics SL-XP700

Сообщение Vakhr »

Technics SL-XP700

Изображение

Эта тема посвящена поиску информации о Technics SL-XP700. Топовая модель 1991 года. Мультибитный ЦАП, мощный усилитель (15 мВт на канал) - всё как надо!
Внешне выглядит шикарно. Дизайн напоминает Sony D-311, однако стоит учитывать, что последний вышел на год позже. Имел клона в виде Panasonic SL-S700.
Последний раз редактировалось Vakhr 15 ноя 2014, 20:58, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Vakhr
Активный участник

Сообщение Vakhr »

Sl-xp700 Portable Cd Player Gives Musical Enrichment

Обзор в Chicago Tribune. July 12, 1991.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1991 ... le-battery

Technics serves the bread for your CD sandwich. Except this sandwich needs only a single slice. The new SL-XP700 portable CD player is the same thickness as a slice of standard white bread, and about the same circumference. The CD that provides the musical nourishment is thinner than the layer of peanut butter most people spread on their bread.
Like bread, the SL-XP700 comes fortified with essential enrichment. The S-XBS circuit boosts bass, while a high filter reduces treble on poorly recorded discs. The player has three play modes, plus 24-track programming. A remote control, which is a bulge in the headphone cord, controls half a dozen functions with a single button and also adjusts the volume. A series of "pips" heard in the phones confirms your commands, invoked by multiple button presses. The unit functions on internal rechargeable batteries or a screw-on battery pack holding two AA batteries. The sloping control panel on the top front of the player holds an array of seven different-size buttons, the largest being play/pause. In the center a small LCD shows function, track numbers, elapsed track time and battery status. Slide switches on the left side select a safety hold, which deactivates the top buttons, and a play-mode selector. Similar switches on the right side select the bass boost and high cut, which filters the treble. The headphone jack is next to the bass-boost switch. The rear contains the AC power adapter jack, line output and connectors for the battery pack. With the battery pack installed, the AC and lineout jacks are inaccessible. That's a clumsy arrangement. You also cannot change batteries without removing the battery pack. A long, narrow window on the top of the unit allows you to see the disc.
Technics supplies good-sounding but less-than-comfortable earbud-style earphones. Considering that Technics makes some of the most comfortable earbud-style phones on the market, it's a shame they're not offered with the SL-XP700. To appreciate fully the superb fidelity of this portable CD player, order custom-fitted, high-quality phones from Radio Partner in New York (800-321-3364). A suede carrying case without handle or strap protects the player but does little to aid its portability.
The SL-XP700 uses an eight-times oversampling digital filter to eliminate unpleasant noise that is a byproduct of the digital system. The sound of the player is very smooth and free of background noise.
The SL-XP700 experiences a fair amount of motion sickness. It keeps its composure in gentle swinging and swaying, but any sharp jolts cause prolonged muting. The transition of placing it on a table while playing seems to cause the worst mistracking. When sedate, it plays into track 9 of 15 on the A-BEX tracking torture-test CD. This is very good for a portable, since portables lack the more elaborate tracking servomechanisms of full-size players. It handles ordinary CDs with ease.
Technics claims that at 11/16 inch thick this is the thinnest CD player in the world, and thus far no one has disputed the claim. The small size makes the SL-XP700 a delightful traveling companion. When CD was launched just less than a decade ago, a CD player this svelte was almost inconceivable. The batteries alone of the first CD portable were bigger and heavier than this 12.3-ounce player.
When your musical appetite craves gourmet sound on the go, pack the Technics SL-XP700 pocketable picnic. At $300 it costs less per ounce than gourmet caviar.
Последний раз редактировалось Vakhr 25 фев 2015, 11:30, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Vakhr
Активный участник

Сообщение Vakhr »

Единственный найденный в интернете отзыв пользователя.

I have a Technics SL-XP700 players, and I love it. And, right now they're really cheap, too -- only $200! This is because Technics recently came out with the SL-XP900 and appears to be trying to sell off all the old 700's. The 900 runs about $350, I think.

The 700 _is_ a very "basic" unit, though. It does all the standard things, plus it has random play and a resume mode (only to the start of a track, though), the the almost obligatory "super mega hyber bass" system, but_that's it_. Newer ones like the 900 have much more flexible programming, will resume to the second of any given track, etc. The other important thing about the 900 is that it uses a MASH (1 bit) D/A converter, which gives "better" sound reproduction. Given the awesome sound reproduction of standard CD players, though, this wasn't a big draw for me. The top of my 700 says that it's 8x oversampling with an 18 bit digital filter (whatever that does!). I think the it sounds great -- certainly much better than my CD boombox. And worlds better than any portable casette players I've had.

Both the 700 and 900 are "slim line" designs. The 700 is something like 5/8" thick. I believe the 900 is the same, although it's more "curvy" and therefore looks cooler, if you're into curves like I am. Only JVC makes a slimmer CD player, and from the look of theirs, they can keep it. Several other companies (including Sony) make CD players the same size, though.

The 700 has one of those cute single button remote controls with a built in volume control. Although one button is quite limiting, I don't think they did a very good job implementing the functions. On my 700, the remote only allows you to skip forward a track, skip back a track, stop the player, and shut it off. Compare this to Panasonic (really the same company as Technics -- they're both Matsushita) walkmen, where the single button remote lets you play a tape, stop it, reverse sides and switch the radio
on/off, change stations, and change bands.

The 700 has a line level output, a headphone jack, and a 3V power input (it comes with an AC adapter). The display gets backlit it you plug the thing into the AC adapter. It uses 2 cute little flat batteries that'll play 90 minutes or so worth of music (these are automatically recharged when the player is plugged into the AC adapter). It comes with a screw-on-the-back 2 "AA" battery holder that increases the playing time by another 120 minutes or so.

I'm pretty rough on my audio equipment, and so far I've had no problems whatsoever with this unit. I purchased it last Christmas. Most of the case is made of aluminum.

Oh, one other thing: Yes, the Technics (like all portable CD players barring Sony's "I've got a one megabyte music cache, nah nah!" player) does skip if it vibrates too much. Jogging/running is out of the question. Walking is highly questionable. Riding a bike is reasonable. Works fine in a car (if you don't hit any big potholes :-) ). I think the Technics is a little faster and better at recovering from skips than other CD players I've listened too (although the salesmen don't like it when you stand there shaking their CD players :-) ). I listened to a few Sonys that sounded absolutely atrocious when they skipped -- they made this really awful screeching sound, making you the think the laser head had impaled itself onto the disk or something. :-)

I think that, for the price, the 700 is an exceptional value. The 900 does more, and if money isn't that much of a concern, I'd seriously consider it instead. But, if you just want a well built "basic" player, the 700 is a great start.

Автор: Joel Kolstad
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... Y9XdIz-9dI
Vakhr
Активный участник

Сообщение Vakhr »

User Manual

slxp700.pdf ( 1022.43 килобайт )
VCD
Администратор

Сообщение VCD »

Очень любопытная балалайка. Надеюсь, качество звучания у неё выше, чем у SL-XP2\1 или SL-XP505.
Изображение
K0shmar
Участник

Сообщение K0shmar »

Вот лот на йобее: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL-XP7 ... 234504e6b2
Но убитый ...
SANYO CP10, TECHNICS SL-XP5, SONY D-777
Vakhr
Активный участник

Сообщение Vakhr »

K0shmar писал(а):Вот лот на йобее: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL-XP7 ... 234504e6b2
Но убитый ...
К сожалению, они все такие. Пластик корпуса трескается из-за слишком тугой пружины, поднимающей крышку. Дальнейшего разрушения помогает избежать её (пружины) ампутация, как в случае с XP-5.
Ответить